Madeline and Hadley love to play with the phone at my house. If they see one they are always trying to call Devin or Grandpa or someone. So last night they were over and it was kinda late. Darci and Bridger had already gone home and left the girls and Devin here. Devin was ready to go home and realized that his truck keys were in the diaper bag that Darci had taken home. So Lorin ran him home to get them.
In the meantime....... the phone rings.....
I hear Slate on the phone giving out our address, and phone #. I look at the clock to see what time it is (by the way it was 9:11) because it is just annoying if people call after 9:00 pm. And I am getting mad at him for giving out personal information.
Me- SLATE, WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?
Slate- holds up 1 finger (not the middle one) and gives his name
Slate- MOM- it's the 911 people!
Me- WHAT??!!!???!!! Give me the phone!
Me- Hello???
911- Hello this is emergency services. Who is this?
Me- Jackie Noorda
911- Please verify your address-
Me- 80.......
911- Thank you. Is there an emergency?
Me- No, it must have been one of my grandkids, I am so sorry!
911- It's OK but we will be sending an officer out to check the situation.
Me- OK. I am SOOOOO SORRY!
Me- HURRY UP AND HELP ME GET THIS
HOUSE CLEANED UP!!!!!!
I called Lorins phone to tell Devin his kids were going to be under arrest.
Me- Tell Devin his kids are in SO much trouble.
Lorin- Why? What happened?
Me- They called 911 and they are sending a police officer out.
Lorin- BAHAHAHAHA!
I hung up.
We straightened up so fast! The officer did come and he was very nice about the whole thing. Interesting note though- He said that the reason that they always have to send an officer out to check is that a few years ago a woman called and hung up. 911 called back to verify and the husband answered and said everything was ok when in actuallity he had just killed her. They always check now!
Madeline was so scared. He asked her what she needed. That she had called him and he came so what did she need. She was almost crying! She was shaking her head-- no, no I dont need anything.
It was seriously CRAZY!
Friday, August 12, 2011
911 Help!!!
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 8:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is awesome!! I can sympathize with Madeline. I have called 911 myself and hung up, so has Scotty. Let's just say we have had multiple visits from some very friendly police officers.
Post a Comment