I started doing Game On again today. I decided that my good habit would be to journal or blog everyday. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE I LAST POSTED??? I cant! Where did the time go?
Here are some of the crazy things that have happened this year-
Dakota graduated from high school. She went to China for 4 months to teach English. I missed her like crazy! I was surprised at how much I missed her. She was always gone anyway and I had been through this a couple of times with Darci & Brighton going to college and getting married. So I really was surprised! After China, she was home for 2 weeks for Christmas and then went off to college! My baby girl is gone. She is off on her own learning, growing and having new experiences. I guess that is part of the reason it is hard to let her go- because I know that she is never really coming back. She is a grown up now. It is exactly where I want her to be- progressing and moving forward. But it is still hard to cut those apron strings!
Lorin was in a pretty serious automobile accident. He was working, driving the rescue truck on his way to a call when he was T-boned. It totally destroyed the rescue. It was a 17 year old kid driving the SUV. All I have to say about it is that there were angels abounding! Lorins back is pretty jacked up but he is OK. He will recover. His partner is OK. She took the worst of the hit. The 2 kids in the SUV are alive. The worst injury to them was a broken femur. Everyone was watched over and protected! It is still incredible to me every time I think of it. It has been weird but nice having Lorin home so much (He is on light duty) He is able to spend so much more time with us. I mostly like it. Tevin is loving having him here to spend time with.
Brighton was diagnosed with cancer. Just that word alone freaks me out. Her surgery is scheduled for Feb. 2. I thought I was doing OK about this whole thing but I keep finding myself crying when I think about it. I would do anything to take it away from her. Anything. It's weird because you hear of people with cancer everyday- OTHER PEOPLE. Not real actual people. Not people you know and love. It's not supposed to happen to your family. Not your daughter. In 29 years of marriage I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times I have seen Lorin cry. (One of them was in the movie Backdraft). And this has truly taken its toll on him. It scared me. He is my rock. He is strong and the one who helps me. To see him like that was scary. I'll talk about her cancer more some other day.
Those are a few of the past years events. More later.

0 comments:
Post a Comment