(I stole this picture from Darci's blog)
Oreo-
Oreo was our dalmatian. We had her it seems like forever. We got her as a puppy from my sister in law Katrina who was living in Logan, Ut at the time. She called me one day and asked if I would like to get a dalmatian for Lorin- you know all firemen have to have a dalmatian, its standard. I thought it would be a really great idea. I told Katrina I wanted a female with the very most spots possible. Dalmatians are beautiful. Oreo was no exception. And so Oreo came into our lives.
She chewed on everything in sight. Sprinklers, shoes, rocks, did I mention sprinklers, she pooped all over and oh ya- SPRINKLERS!!! She barked at everything. She was very territorial, she would fight any other dog that even approached our yard. She pooped on the neighbors yard 24/7.
And yet- I would secretly pet her. Even when I whined about what a stupid dog she was. I do have to say that she did let the kids crawl all over her and didn't mind it.
The night she died (Oct. 20, 2011). Jamen came in the house acting all weird. He was asking for some old towels. He wouldn't tell me why he needed them, all he would say was that I wouldn't get them back. I told him to go get some old, crappy, yucky ones. He came and asked me if the 2 he brought out were OK. I made him go back and get some even nastier ones. I wish I would've known. She could've had the best ones we had.
It was horrible, looking out the window and seeing her dead. We think she ate a poisoned rat. (How gross is that!) I feel bad I wasn't as nice to her as I should have been. I feel bad that I may or may not have kicked her a few times. I will miss her. She was actually a good dog. (I am excited we wont have to replace our sprinklers every 5 minutes though!) She has left a hole in our family. Its weird to look outside and her not be there.
I really did love you Oreo.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Oreo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment