Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yard work

So my niece Brittany is getting married on Friday in the LV Temple. She asked if she could have her reception in our backyard. I told her yes of course, are you sure???? Then I took her out to the yard and showed her how spectacularly hideous it was.

We have a giant yard. Seriously, GIANT!!! It is really hard to keep up on all that needs to be done out there. So for the most part, it just doesn't happen. There were motorcycle parts and pieces everywhere, there were dead plants, bushes etc. There is an old dead truck out there. Weeds. Trash, overgrown shrubbery. It seriously was hideous! She still wanted to. OK! Let the yard work begin!

The kids loved me! They begged to go out and work in the yard! They wanted to stay out there working for hours on end! They never took 75 potty/ water breaks per hour. It was great fun! They were sad when it finally came to a close!

Sarcasm! Did you catch that? Hmmmm! I am pretty sure it wasn't the most fun experience for anyone. Me included. I think they all think that I love doing yard work. I HATE it. I hate the clean up and crappy stuff you have to do. I do love fun stuff like planting flowers or building fun things out there. The other stuff---- not so much.

But HOLY MOLY! They all worked hard! V.E.R.Y. hard! I was so proud of them. And it turned out so wonderful! I love going out there. It is so beautiful. Even though there is nothing blooming or sprouting. It is a beautiful yard. I hope we can keep it looking so nice. It will be fun to start having parties out there again. There are so many fun projects that I would like to do. A secret garden, a roofed cover on the sandbox, a tree house, and a fence by the leach field to name just a few.

Thanks everyone who helped with it. I know it wasn't your first choice of weekend activities, but thank you! I would never have been able to do it all myself!

0 comments: