Tuesday, September 25, 2012

1st Day of School

The 1st day of school!
This has been an annual event at our house for the last 20+ years! I remember taking Darci to kindergarten for the very first time. I don't know who was more excited.... her or me? That's a really big day in the lives of first time parents and kindergartners! I was really excited right up until the moment when the teacher- Mrs. Cavanaugh said "OK, kids this way, parents that way." "No, Parents (ME) you cant come into the classroom. Your student is going to be fine!" Wait!!!!! What is happening? My daughter isn't old enough to go to school by herself! She needs me!!!! I was so upset. I cried. Yes, its embarrassing to admit but I did. And she was fine. And now it is onto another 1st day for my 3 younger kids. How does it happen? It just sneaks right by when you aren't looking. I think my kids should still be small and dependent on me. I think they should need me more than they do. I think time flies by WAY TOO FAST!!! Just stop for a bit will ya!
Dakota entering her Junior year. Isn't she just drop dead gorgeous!!! And smart too!

Here's Tevin! 1st day of  Middle School!!!! I can't believe my baby is old enough to be in middle school! He was just born the other day I believe. Isn't he a cutie pie! Don't you just want to smooch him!
Slate on his 1st day of High School! He is taller than me now! Holy Moly! He is such a good kid! I am really proud of him.
I am excited for them to be able to start a new adventure. They are all excited and yet a bit nervous to start. I hope they have all decided to try their hardest and do their very best.
Love you guys!

0 comments: