This past summer when I went to my Dads house, I had a mile long list of things I wanted to make (A.K.A. have HIM make for me). One of the things was these fence panels. They are seriously so AWESOME!!!! I was a little worried because they weren't exactly what I had envisioned (I wanted trees of some sort but the designs just looked to dorky) but they are so perfect! They have been laying on the ground for about 2 months. Lorin isn't super excited about them so of course he hasn't offered to help get them set up. And I know how much work it is going to be to dig the holes for the posts so I haven't really been too pro getting them in the ground. But thank you Jamen for getting married and having an open house here so I would have to get my butt in gear and get them done. I asked Jamen if he would dig the holes but he was right there with me about digging them. NOT EXCITED!!! So finally Friday night, I just decided to do it myself. I was a bit worried because I had hurt my back a couple of weeks ago. And yes, by the time I was done digging, I could hardly move. But I did it!!! Slate did come help but I think it was only because I paid him $10.00. The ground is so stinkin' rocky here that you pretty much need a jack hammer to loosen the rocks up. Needless to say, I don't happen to have a spare one of those but I do have the next best thing- this long, black, heavy metal pole that you bang on the ground to loosen rocks. It probably weighs about 30 lbs or so. You lift it as high as you can, drop it and twist it a bit. Very good shoulder and arm workout! Anyway- it kept ramming into my shoulder after it had hit the ground and this is what my shoulder looked like later that evening----
Pretty sweet huh! This is two days later. But those fence panels are in and up!!! And look pretty dang good if I do say so myself! PS- Jamen and Rose did the concrete part and Jamen and Slate did the actual installation of the panels. So I need to stop complaining about doing it myself, I really did end up having help. I love how they look!




0 comments:
Post a Comment