Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dakota's birthday

Dakota- my BABY girl turned 18 yesterday! It seems like she was just born the other day. I remember I was pregnant when we moved out onto our property in that really super hideous trailer. I went into labor with her, we went to the hospital and I labored for  awhile then the Dr. came in and told us she was posterior and would probably get stuck in the birth canal which, if that happened, they would have to do an emergency c-section to get her out or..... we could just go now and do a c-section and it would be no big deal. Hmmmmm- what to do? What to do? That was not a hard decision to make. Just do it now. Although it totally freaked me out because I had not prepared myself mentally or emotionally. I had been joking with the Dr. just a little before this that I wanted to stay in the hospital for a couple of extra days. He just laughed and said- I wish I could let you but insurances just wont pay for that. So when he told us we needed to I started to cry because I was so scared. They took me in and prepped me. One of the things they do is put a sheet over your face so you cant see anything. But it was so close to my face it was giving me claustrophobia. And the other really creepy thing they do is to restrain your arms so you cant move. It was so freaky! I tried to get undone but they wouldn't let me. I told them I would hold really still and not move a muscle. They still didn't let me. I was just glad Lorin was there with me he was a calming influence for me. And you know what- it turned out to be a good experience. I would so do a c-section over a vaginal delivery ANY day! And Dakota came out just perfect. No bruises, no squished head. Just perfect. She was a very chubby girl! She was my biggest baby! 8 lbs 3 oz! Lots of dark hair! She was a beautiful baby and has grown into a beautiful young woman! We named her Dakota Jean after my mom. My mom was so excited to have her as her namesake. She couldn't get over it- ever. She would just smooch on her all day long.

I cant believe how time has flown! The blink of an eye really! And I am sure in the not to far distant future, my beautiful baby girl will be having her own beautiful babies.

0 comments: