Sunday, June 3, 2012

Championship game



Friday night was Tevins championship baseball game. For the title! Winner take all. We were slated to play their arch rivals, the Red Sox. We have played them 2 times before during the season and we kicked their behinds to the curb both times. This turned out to be a very intense game. We were winning for a while. Then they were winning for awhile. Then we came back, then they came back. Back and forth, back and forth. It was crazy. The parents were getting a little emotional OK maybe a lot emotional. That poor ref. he was getting slammed by both teams. It was a little embarrassing. I am not one of those parents who yells a lot or even likes to be by people who are yelling. Its little league baseball for  heavens sake! They are 10 year olds. Just make them feel like they are doing the best job ever! They will learn. But my oh my. Emotions were high! We ended up losing. It was a very sad day! But Tevin was excited! He got a trophy to put in our trophy hall of fame. It was pretty fun watching him play. He can really run fast and has a really great arm. It is fun looking back over the season. Tevin has a hard time with new things or change. I signed him up and he was excited to be on the same team as his friend Jacob. But then he was totally freaked out when he found out they wouldn't be on the same team. He started fighting me every step of the way. I hate baseball. I hate practice. I don't feel good, can I stay home tonight? He had a really hard time. But I have to admire the kid, he stuck it out. He didn't know one single kid on the team but he continued going- Forced to or not, he continued. And look at him now! He loves the game and he is really pretty good at it! He has been able to make new friends and learn to do something new and hard! So all I have to say is..... GOOD JOB TEV! And the White Sox! GOOD JOB!!!!
After the game we went to Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt to celebrate! Yes! Even 2nd place deserves a celebration! Tevin got the hugest ice cream! He couldn't even eat it all! I love frozen yogurt! I think we would've gone there to celebrate last place! And look at the smile on that kid! Worth it all!

0 comments: