Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Water fight

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. I love having them. They are such good young men. I love that they set a good example for my kids. I love it! Lorin was called into work so we needed a priesthood holder to be here. When Slate turns 16 it will be OK but for now when Lorin isn't here, we need to have someone else. So I called Brighton and Juston. They are so great to just come on the spur of the moment. I so appreciate that they are always so willing to help. We were having Cafe Rio pork tacos. A lot of times when we are eating you have to be specific in asking for something. For example, Slate asked for the bowl of cantaloupe so Dakota was pouring out the cantaloupe onto her plate and passing him just the bowl. Well, I asked Slate to get me a glass of water up to but not quite at the rim. So he got me a glass of water, filled it a tiny bit, then turned it  upside down on the table with a piece of paper under it. Then he took the paper out so just the upside down glass of water was on the table. Hmmmm what to do? What to do? Of course there was only one thing to do.... I just tipped the glass over in his lap so most of the water went all over him. AWESOME!!! The missionaries were in total shock. And it just kind of went from there. Slate threw water on me- twice I might add. Then the missionaries held Slate so I could dump water on him but he was wiggling so much and I was worried he was going to kick my leg that I totally missed, water got everywhere but on Slate. It was crazy and fun.

I just hope Slate realizes that I know where he sleeps!!!!

0 comments: