This weekend was General Conference. ALWAYS so awesome! Years ago we used to do brunch in between conference sessions. Everyone came, brought food, ate then went home and watched conference at their own homes. It was so much fun. I don't know why we stopped doing it. Maybe it was too overwhelming for me to have to clean up the yard by myself Maybe I was tired of picking up dog poop. I don't really know. But this year at Jamens open house, I decided it was time to start the tradition again. The yard looked wonderful. There was no dog poop. It was time! The only drawback and it was a big draw back was that Lorin had to work. I decided to do it anyway and get it going again. It turned out to be really fun. I was a little nervous because an email went out to the entire ward so I was worried about the # of people who would come but it was perfect. Just the right amount of people came. There were enough seats and still room to play football. It was so great! And of course there was some super yummy food that came!

My favorite was fresh pineapple and strawberries that my friend Sarah brought. She put the zest and juice of 2 limes and a little sugar in it. OHHHH goodness! It was delish! I think we will continue this tradition! I am so glad we have such good friends and such a great family ward.
The boys playing football with brother Perry
Our cute missionaries and some good friends
Don't you love Deajyee's face!
The teenage hangout
A view of some of the yummy food
Some more teenage fun.
Our very good friend David. He's crazy! JK!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment