Today is Sunday. That means church. I loved sacrament meeting today. It was fast and testimony meeting. My friend Vickie and her family are moving in a couple of weeks. I am so sad. She has helped me be a better person in so many ways. One day when I grow up, I want to be like her. She loves the Lord with all her heart. She loves those around her. She is my friend and just calls me to check on me and see how I am doing. She is just amazing. I love her. Anyway, I don't know what my deal was today but, I was sitting there listening, I look over across the room and there she is, sitting with her husband and son. Just sitting there, listening. And I just started crying. I have just been pretending it isn't happening. She isn't really moving in my mind. I will still be able to call and borrow eggs on Sunday because I wasn't prepared. I think it just finally really set in that yes, in just a few short days, my friend will be gone. And then her husband got up and bore his testimony. Then her son. Then her. I couldn't even look up while she was talking. I am just so sad. I am happy that she is going to start a new chapter in her life. I am just going to miss her. She is my sister after all. My Mom adopted her before she died. Who will I borrow eggs from now? Who will just call to see if I'm OK? Who is going to be that shining example to me to be a better person? Who? For the rest of the meeting I was a mess. I am sure I looked like a crazy person. But the good thing is, my friend Allison came to me afterwards and volunteered to be my traveling buddy to go and visit her. I am so taking her up on that offer!
I also want to say that at the end of the meeting, a non-member who was visiting for the first time got up and bore his testimony of God, the missionaries and that God was definitely in that room. I agree. He was. It felt good to be there.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Sacrament meeting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment