Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dakota


Today is my beautiful daughter, Dakota's birthday! It is hard to believe that she is 17. I remember when she was born. We were at the hospital and it wasn't progressing very well. I had joked with the Dr. about letting me stay in the hospital for a week so I would be able to rest and not have to worry about being a mom to 3 other little kids. He had laughed and said that just wasn't how it worked. But then as I was laboring and it was going so slowly, mostly I think because she was posterior,  he came to Lorin and I and said that we could continue how we were going and she would start to go through the birth canal and she would probably get stuck and we would have to do an emergency c-section or---- we could do a c-section right then and all would be well. HMMMMM- lets think about that one. We opted for the c-section immediately. It totally freaked me out. I was so scared. They took us into the operating room and started the preparations. Did you know they strap your arms down so you cant move during it? I didn't know that and I pretty much freaked. i asked a few times if I promised to hold still if they would undo my wrists. They said no. I think if I had had a chance to prepare myself mentally, it wouldn't have been so bad. But I do have to say, it was over in just a minute. And what a beautiful baby we had! And she was a chubby little thing! 8lbs. 3 oz. I actually was really glad I didn't have to push her out! She was my biggest baby. I just loved looking at her. She was so beautiful. Her eyes had an exotic look to them. She still has big, beautiful eyes. We did get to stay in the hospital for 5 days. I was so ready to go home by the time they let us go. It was kind of scary too because I had started breast feeding while in the hospital and that girl could suck! Holy moly! She made my boobs crack and bleed. Which meant she was swallowing blood. And spitting it up. The Dr's almost didn't let us take her home with us until they figured out where the blood was coming from. They figured it out because they had to do a bunch of blood work on her to make sure all was well. It was horrible. The nurse who was trying to get her blood stuck her again and again. We finally had to ask them to stop and get someone else. As it turned out, it was our neighbor from our old house. She was so quick and good. It took about 1 minute for her to get it and be done. I will forever be grateful for her and her skills. She was fine and they let us go. I cant imagine how parents feel who have to leave their beautiful babies in the hospital without them.

She has grown up into a beautiful young woman. She is beautiful on the outside and inside where it counts even more. She has strong values and high standards. She is smart and does well in school. She loves to laugh and be funny. She is friendly to everyone around her. She has lots of friends from different walks of life. She is responsible and fulfills responsibilities given to he the best that she can. She is in Student Council on top of her school work. She is active in church and has a testimony of the Lord. She is just one all around amazing young woman and I am so glad I get to be her mom. I love you Dakota. Happy birthday!

0 comments: