This is my friend Linda. She is seriously one of the most amazing women I know. She always has a cheerful friendly attitude around her. She makes you feel important and that you are one of her very best friends. And mostly, you never leave a conversation with her without knowing that she genuinely loves you. I have had 2 really wonderful experiences with her. Keep in mind that I don't hang out with Linda. I visit with her at church or activities or whatever. We just run in different circles. The first experience was one day I was delivering something to her house. It should've been a quick- drop it at the door and go kind of thing. But she invited me to come in and visit with her. She sat me down on the couch and just chatted with me. She asked about my kids, Lorin, life. Just stuff. I was probably there for 20-30 minutes. And the thing was- I know she was busy making dinner- her husband was in the kitchen puttering around and I could smell it cooking. And yet she made me feel so good. She made me feel as if listening to what I had to say was the very most important thing she could be doing. She made me feel special. I left her home feeling good and wanting to be a better person, more like her.
The 2nd experience happened today. I was making phone calls, inviting people to a going away luncheon for my friend that is moving. I called Linda and again, she just chatted with me for a few minutes asking about this and that. At the end of the conversation as she was hanging up, she said "Bye, bye. I love you Jackie." I am sure she has no idea what an impact she made on me. I am pretty sure no one (other than my family) has ever ended a phone call to me like that. I truly did feel loved. I hung up the phone and just started to cry. I don't know why. It just felt good for her to say that to me. She truly is such a beautiful woman and really cares about people. I am so thankful she is my friend.


0 comments:
Post a Comment