Today is Monday which translates into- a date with the toilets! I clean my house really good on Mondays. I scrub toilets, mop floors, laundry. I even unload the dishwasher which is one of my all time not favorite things to do. I think I would rather clean a peed on toilet than unload the dishwasher or put laundry away. And Lorin wonders why there is always dishes in the sink.... Because there are clean dishes in the dishwasher. That's why! Loading or folding--- don't mind at all. Anyway- I digress. I clean and scrub all day. It kills me. By the time I am done my body is just a ball (literally) of aches and pains. I don't know what I did to my legs, ankles and back but they sure tell me that they have had enough by the end of the day. But oh honey buns! I sure love that it is all sparkly and dusted. It just feels so good to walk into a clean room. Even if it only stays that way for a few hours. It's wonderful! I also use pine-sol and it smells so good. It just smells clean. The only thing I really refuse to clean is the kids shower. They mess it up and make it nasty, they can clean it! Today I had some super cute helpers! Madeline & Hadley. They were so fun to have here for the most part. They were so excited to scrub the toilets and you would not believe the war that went on over who got to mop the floor. They even told me that it is fun to clean at my house and they love it so much because at home it is either help clean up or go to bed. They make me laugh! Although I did have to re-clean the bathroom mirror about 5 times because Hadley would climb up on the counter and kiss herself in the mirror. Silly goose! It was a good day to have them here.
Another really cool thing that happened today was that Devin came over even though he had worked until 4 am (How in the heck does he do that and stay coherent?) Anyway- he brought the girls over and then stayed and installed two light fixtures in my bathroom that I have been trying to get done for, forever. He seriously has no idea how grateful I am that he comes over and helps me do projects. I know he has a million other things he could be doing and yet, he does stuff over here.. THANK YOU DEVIN!!!! I think Darci is pretty lucky to have him and his handyman skills! (He also the other day fixed the garage door that has been broken for oh ya- EVER!!! I don't know how he knows how but he can figure out how to fix or build just about anything!
Monday, October 15, 2012
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment