Last Sunday night there was a fireside at the church for the youth 12-18 yrs in age. The topic was on dating. The kids and their parents were invited. I made Tevin go also because he is becoming interested in girls so I figured he needed to hear what was being said so there was no question about when you can or cant start dating. It was a really great fireside. Our good bishop conducted it. He is just so real and genuine. And you come away from any conversation with him knowing he loves and cares about you. The youth know and feel this to. I think that is why they respond so well to him. The don't think he is stuffy or old fashioned. And they definitely know where he stands on issues. He draws a very clear line on whats right or not. Anyway- at the very end he got up and asked all of the parents to please support him in the decision they (the bishopric) have made concerning electronic devices. They are asking the youth to leave them home. Don't even bring them to church. Just leave them home! I personally was so excited about that. I have been trying for a long time to get that to happen in our home. And now I have the support of the Bishop. HAPPY DAY!!! They want the kids to bring their paper scriptures also. Which I think is awesome! If the youth are going to go on missions, they are going to need to know how to use their paper copies. All I have to say is..... YAY!!! Bishop! You totally ROCK!!! (So does our YW President. I am sure she and the YM President had a lot to do with that decision).
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment