Thursday, January 31, 2013

Time

Does time seem to be flying by to anyone else or is it just me? It seems as if my oldest was just born the other day and yet, here she is with kids of her own. Wasn't Christmas just yesterday? I have always heard that the older you get, the faster time goes. I never really understood it as a kid. I mean after all, didn't it seem like forever until your birthday? Or Christmas? Or waiting for the tooth fairy  (OK that one may have been because the tooth fairy that came to our house when I was growing up, TOOK A LOT OF VACATIONS!!!)
I remember when Darci was born thinking- 8 years til she is baptized. That's forever away! And now Madeline will be getting baptized in less than 3 years. I never thought the day would come and all of my kids wouldn't be around for Christmas but the day has come and WAY to fast! I never thought I would slow down my driving. And yet, the day came when I realized I had just been being stupid driving like a crazy maniac. HOLY CRAP! I'm getting old! Of course- I would still race Tom Prince if given the chance. Once in awhile, I won one of those!
And sometimes it seems as if my week just flies by. I have big plans at the beginning of the week of all that I want to accomplish and yet..... at the end of the week, hardly anything is done. How does that happen? Why does my time get filled with so many other things? Calling, family, kid activities, exercise, eating, cleaning, eating some more..... It just flies and flies. Slow down time! Slow down!

0 comments: