My calling in the church is 1st Counselor in the Stake YW's Organization. I LOVE THIS CALLING!!! I love that I still get to associate on a small level with the YW in our ward and stake. They are seriously some of the strongest most beautiful girls I have ever had the privilege of being around. They have testimonies of God, Jesus Christ. Of the Temple, the Gospel. I love to feel of their spirits.
Tonight we attended the Centennial Pointe Wards New Beginnings. It was amazing! They did it based on an airplane flight. We boarded, found our seats and watched an in flight movie- Standing in Holy Places. It was really good. Then we were taken on a tour to 3 different destinations. YW's, the Temple and Enduring to the end. The tour guides were young women. I think this was my favorite part of the whole evening. They all bore their testimonies of their subject and you could truly feel the Spirit. Rachel Gottfredson who is a Laurel, spoke on the Temple. I loved that she told it like it is. The #1 ultimate goal you should have is to be married in the temple. Thats hers. She also said that she is obviously a princess and the temple looks like a castle so obviously that is where a princess would get married. I love that girl! (She was my daughter on our Stake Pioneer Trek a couple of years ago so I got to know her a tiny bit then) She just did a really great job! Then the YW President- Sister Fowers (AKA stewardess) spoke. She also spoke with the Spirit. Then the co-pilot spoke (A member of the Bishopric). He gave the girls some advice on how to stand in a holy place even if you are in a place like school. 1- Read your scriptures. Even if it is just 5 minutes a day. 2- Build your force field like Violet in the movie The Incredibles. Build it strong so that bad things will just bounce off of it just like her. 3- Do service for others. It will invite the Spirit to be with you. 4- Surround yourself with good people. People who build you up and influence you for good.
It was a wonderful night. I am thankful for this calling so I can go and feel the Spirit at meetings like this.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
YW's
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 9:10 PM
Labels: church, good times
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment