Saturday, April 28, 2012

Madeline


I am pretty sure I have the cutest, most amazing grandkids in the universe!!! Sorry to all of the rest of you out there! (except of course for my parents and Lorins parents, their grandkids are pretty cute too!) Anyway- I want to write about each of them so first is Madeline-

Madeline came to our family in a not so traditional way. She was adopted. Darci and Devin started to feel as if they needed to start foster parenting a short time after they were married. They took the classes and got certified. Madeline was the 4th baby they were contacted to take in a 48 hour time period. But for whatever reason, they were not home or whatever they were doing so they weren't available for the first 3 contacts. When Darci called me and told me they were going to go get her and would we like to come over and see her.... OF COURSE!!! And I have to say right here---- we were all fighting and calling dibs on who got to hold her on the way over to their house. I WON!!! GRANDMA'S RULE!! Of course Lorin wasn't there to put his two cents in, but I still would've won! She was soooo beautiful! She had so much black hair! Like seriously it was sticking up All. Over. Her. Head! And her cheeks!!!! Oh my! They were so chubby! The first second I looked at her I knew she belonged in our family! The first second! I knew she would be staying forever! I know it was a horrible roller coaster for Darci and Devin- for all of us really, but I also just knew she would be with us forever. There was no way we could let her go after that first look at her! It was fun to see Darci and Devin become instant parents! They were so cute with her. Darci never put her down. In fact, she was addicted to the video game Rockband at the time and she would play with Madeline on her chest. It was pretty funny! It was fun becoming a grandma for the very first time. I am pretty sure everytime I went to the store I would get her some sort of prize! She was totally spoiled! (I think she still is though)

Anyway- Madeline is adorable! She has the cutest dimples and the biggest brown eyes. She is so smart also! She loves her family so much. I love to hear her pray. She always blesses each of them by name. And boy! Can that girl hula hoop! She has been really good at it since she was 3! She smiles all the time! One of my favorite things about her is when she comes over- she runs up to me and throws her arms around me and gives me a big hug and tells me she loves me! How can that not melt your heart? She will also call and ask if she can go on a date. I love that! I have also taught her one important thing! It goes like this----

Grandma- Madeline, why are you so cute?
Madeline- Because I look like my Grandma!

I told you she was smart!

I cant imagine our family with out our beautiful Madeline! She is my sweetheart!

0 comments: