Have I ever mentioned how fun and exciting yard work is at our house? If you haven't experienced it----- you should totally come and hang out over here next time we do it! Let me just tell you how it usually goes-
1- Lorin adamantly resists doing yard work. Especially if it falls on a weekday oh whoops I meant weekend.
2- Everyone else is suddenly busy with life changing events or they need to poop 5x's!
3- If anyone is outside longer than 5 minutes they are in dire need of liquid refreshment or they will die!
4-There is a new language spoken here- its called whining--- why doesn't Dakota have to pull those weeds? Why do I have to pick up pine cones everytime? Are we done yet? How much longer are we going to be out here? It is so great to know we are such a bilingual family! All I can say is that one day these wonderful children of mine will be listening to this language in their own homes! One day!!!! Oh the joy they will feel when it is their turn!
I really don't like doing crappy clean up yard work. I LOVE doing fun yard work like planting flowers, building things. That kind of stuff. Our yard is so huge though that I cant do it all myself. So I have to beg, cajole, threaten (Yes Dakota you were the last one out of the house, you do still have to clean up the dog poop!) or be a dictator and make my family help. It is a good time all around! I do like when the experience has come to an end though to be able to look out and see just how seriously amazing and beautiful our yard really is. It is pretty spectacular when it is all cleaned up!
PS- We did do yard work today for about 2 1/2 hours. I must admit this time everyone helped really a lot and there wasn't too much of the whining language going on. Was it cause Jamen and Juston were here? Was it cause I promised we would be done at 1:00? (It was really about 1:30 by the time we cleaned everything up) I don't know what it was but it was actually pretty nice to be out there with my kids. They really are pretty great people! And yes, Lorin did miss out again! He was off working. I bet he is so heartbroken!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Yard Work
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 4:46 PM
Labels: Family, family time, good times, kids, Lorin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment