Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sisters




I am pretty sure I have the 2 most amazing sisters of the entire universe!!! They are seriously so wonderful! They are smart, funny, caring and I know that if I needed them they would be move mountains to be there for me.

Jodi is my very baby sister. She is a really good writer. She has a wacky sense of humor. She is very down to earth. She loves being outdoors- camping, snowshoeing (yes she is CRAZY for liking to be in the snow). She is married to a really great man, Nate. She loves to quilt (Although she is really rude and wont give me everything she makes) She is not afraid to get into your business and find out what is happening in your life or your kids lives. She will ask very pointed questions. And yet they are not ever offensive. She has 3 beautiful children that she is doing a very good job of raising. She has a strong testimony of the Gospel and truly shares it in the way she lives her life. She has great decorating ideas that I think will look hideous (her living room is orange) and yet it always turns out beautifully and I always want to copy her. OK maybe not an orange room (and yes it did turn out amazing!) but I do envy that she isnt afraid to use lots of color in her house.She also has my moms hands (not her actual hands, shriveled up in a box that would be creepy dont ya think!) but her hands remind me of my mom everytime I see them. She also has style, cute clothes, cute hair, cute accessories. Just plain cute!

My sister Gaylynn is just 11 months younger than me! That means for a couple of weeks each year we are the SAME age!!! What were my parents thinking? Oh ya! THEY WEREN"T!!!! Gaylynn is super woman if you ask me! She works full time and just recently closed down her own hair salon (It's name was A Shear Thing! I kept telling her she should be selling underwear!) She has a crazy busy church calling (Relief Society President), she is an amazing mom to her 2 children and is very involved in their lives. She is a great wife to her husband Kent. She also has really great decorating ideas that I want to copy (actually, I just want her to make 2 of everything she does!) She is generous to a fault! If she sees a need, she just jumps in and takes care of it, usually without being asked. She is very crafty and can take a piece of junk and make it spectacular. She can find the most incredible deals (can you say, garage sale and DI queen!!!). She has a really funny sense of humor and can always make you laugh with crazy stories. (Yes, she did hit a bucket of poo in her car and yes a policeman did come knocking on her door because her husband threw dog poop over the fence). She is pretty cute too! I think she is the glue that has held our family together since my moms death. She's amazing!

I also like to think that I am the reason Gaylynn became a beautician. When we were little (2 or 3 years old) my parents hired a babysitter (probably for a hot date or something) Well, Gaylynn and I hid under the steps and played beauty shop. I got to cut her hair first. I pretty much made her look like a boy and yes it was the day before family pictures. They are quite darling if you ask me! I have really long beautiful ringlets and then there is my brother Gaylynn, in a dress! I also cut Jodi's hair into a really lovely mullet when she was about 9ish. She was quite a beaut! Buck teeth and all! I am sure that those 2  events traumatized Gaylynn too much and that is why she now spends her time making other people beyond beautiful! You're welcome Gaylynn! You can thank me for that life changing haircut anytime!!!!



I love my sisters. They are truly wonderful, beautiful women! I wish I lived closer to them to be more involved in their lives. I sure don't know what I would ever do without them!!

1 comments:

Spencers said...

You should post about your awesome self as well and you're a brat for making me cry. Love your guts, Jodi