Friday, April 20, 2012

Project- Outdoor Glider

I don't know why but I have a problem. Its called 20 million projects that need to get finished. I see something cute that I know I can totally make myself, or I find something that just needs a "little" make over so I buy all the supplies for it and think- I will start that tomorrow. Well, tomorrow never comes for most of these things. I have a laundry room full of stuff to prove it. My getting rid of a bad habit for Game On this time is to quit starting or bringing home any more projects until the ones I already have going are done or thrown away. THROWN AWAY? That is just crazy talk! I am pretty sure I will NEVER get to do anymore new projects until I am like 73 years old!

Anyway- I had bought a Glider to put outside on the patio at the DI for $25.00.Total score right??!!! Except that the wooden slats were all peeling paint, prickly and chewed by some animal (I hope it wasnt a baby needing a chew toy!) and the metal parts of it were all rusty and gross. I WILL GET TO THAT TOMORROW, I thought!!!! Guess what! 4 months later because of Game On, it is tomorrow for this awesome project!

I had Slate take off all of the wooden slats last time we went to Utah to visit. My seriously most amazing dad in the universe made me new slats for the ones that were beyond repair and I sanded down all of the rest. I bought spray paint in leaf green for the slats and dark plum purple for the metal parts. I am going to buy new bolts and keep them silver. It is going to look SPECTACULAR!!!!!

Here is a couple of before pictures, They aren't really very good because I didn't think about pictures until it was already torn apart. But you can see how rusted it all was.


I will post some after ones when it is all done and you will be supremely envious of my cute glider!

0 comments: