Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday

Today was Black Friday. I have gone shopping on Black Friday for as long as I can remember. Always. Sometimes by myself and sometimes with others. For the last few years mostly with Darci and Brighton. This year I did not. it was kinda sad. I looked through the ads and there really wasn't anything I HAD to have. Nothing. I slept in til 7:30ish. That was nice.

But I do have an embarrassing story to tell you. I always go buy a newspaper Thanksgiving morning. This year I got up at 6:00 and went to 7-11. No luck. They hadn't gotten them yet. So I decided to go to Albertsons. Still no luck but the manager said they should be coming any moment because they usually came about 6:00. It was then 6:10 am. So I decided to wait. I waited an hour. Still no paper. Then I looked up and my friend Ray Blanchard was walking into the store. He was looking for a paper also. I told him I would buy him one if he would go check out the Smiths. Someone had just reported that there was a kid selling them on the corner over there. He said great he would go check. I told him I wanted 3. Me, Darci and Brighton. He said OK. After about 10 minutes he called me and said he had them. I was so excited! I told him I would wait outside the store and how much were they? He said they were $3.00. I said Ok. So he brought me 3 papers and I gave him a $5.00 bill. He looked at me kinda weird and i looked at him to see if he would offer me change (which I would've said keep it for his trouble) but he didn't. I said thanks and got in my car. Then as I was almost to Brightons house I had a thought- $3.00 total or $3.00 each? I checked when I got to Brightons. $300 EACH!!! I was so embarrassed! I ran back to the store (he had gone inside) BUT HE WAS ALREADY GONE! I called him 3 times before he answered. I apologized profusely and told him I had thought it was $3.00 total. He kinda laughed and said it was OK. I asked him where he was and that I would bring him the rest of the money. He said it was OK and not to worry about it. I was (am) so embarrassed! I now have a $5.00 bill hidden in my purse for the next time I see him. Seriously! How dumb am I!!!!

0 comments: