This Sunday Tevin has to speak in Sacrament meeting. I'm excited to hear him talk. It will be his first time. He gets to choose any subject from the For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet. He has narrowed it down to Tithes & Offerings, Physical & Mental Health or Repentance. He is really nervous to talk. I'll let you know how it goes! Lorin said he wants to take the day off of work so he can come hear him speak.
Here is his talk. He wrote this all by himself! He did a great job!
Tevin’s talk
Hi I am Tevin
Noorda and when Brother Worthington came to my house on Wednesday and asked for
me, I knew I was in trouble and only had seconds to hide before he ask me to give
a talk. I was right he gave me a talk. My topic that I have chosen from the for the strength
of youth book is education. I chose this because I think education is important
for our future life but we just don’t know it. The more time we spend on education
the better future we will have. Even though school isn’t always the funnest
place ever, it pays off as we get older for high school, college then eventually
a job. The more education we have the better our job and income will be. So as
we are young we should get the most out of our education because we use our knowledge
every day even though we don’t notice it. For example our responsibilities and the chores
our parents give us need knowledge to be capable of doing them. Education can also save our life or other people’s
lives. In life or death situations we need to know what to do. For example if
my dad messed up he could die since he is a firefighter so he needs to know
what he was taught and be very careful. So as we grow older we have more responsibilities
that need more education. So the more we learn now the easier it will be later.
School isn’t the only way to get education the scriptures also educate us. The scriptures
teach us about Heavenly Father and his plan for us. Also we can search the scriptures
for answers to our questions. The scriptures also teach us about how to be more
like him and about our savior Jesus Christ.
I would like
to bare my testimony that education is very important in our lives and others
lives even though it’s sometimes boring.
Without education the world would be berserk and I know that education
is used each and every day. I challenge all of you to think about how you educate
yourself everyday and how you use it.
In the name……

0 comments:
Post a Comment