This past weekend we went to the beach. It was really fun. Lorin, Jamen, Rose and Slate left on Wednesday. Dakota, Tevin and I left Saturday afternoon. Dakota had her SAT test and I didn't want Tevin missing that much school and having to do a ton of make-up work. I love the beach. It is just calm and relaxing. Even though we didn't get to stay very long. It is just nice to hear the waves crashing and see the rolling water. We were able to stay in our friend Doug Farrers condo. He was gone and said he didn't mind if we came and used it. It was super tiny. A 1 bedroom, 1 bath. Lorin and I slept in the bedroom. Jamen and Rose slept on the futon. Dakota slept on the floor next to the futon. Slate slept on the floor in the kitchen and Tevin slept on the floor next to our bed. It was pretty cozy! We weren't there much. Sunday morning I got up thinking no one was going to go to church except me but everyone surprised me and we all went. Someone kept farting during sacrament meeting. By someone I mean someone in our family. It was so stinkily icky that people acrossed the room kept checking their babies diapers. I thought Dakota was going to barf. NASTY!!! After church we went to Newport and rented bikes. We just rode back and forth up and down the boardwalk. It is just fun. And of course, we went to Seaside doughnuts a few times. We love their doughnuts and sometimes we drive an hour out of our way to get them. MMMM! Nice crispy apple fritters! Yummy old fashioned! Everyone else loves their ham and cheese croissants which are delish but I LOVE LOVE LOVE their doughnuts! It was a really nice day.
Monday was the only day we had to spend at the beach. It was soooo cold! The sky was so overcast. Jamen and Rose got wetsuits and went out in the water for about an hour or so but the rest of us (except Lorin, he went on a bike ride) we to wimpy and stayed on the sand. OK thats not all of the way correct. Tevin went and got a wetsuit on that was way to big for him and I'm sure did no good at all as far as keeping him warm. But he did get in the water for 30 min or so. He was funny. When Lorin got back, we drove to Carlsbad and went to this super delicious tiny little italian place for lunch. I had Pollo Artichoke Heart Pasta. Seriously SOOOOOOOOO good! I was so in heaven! I really wanted to lick my plate. It was that good! I love that place! After that we went back and cleaned the condo and then it was time to go. L.O.N.G. drive home. Slate kept farting and smelling the car up. I thought Dakota was going to throw him out of the window once or twice!
It was a bummer to have to go home but it was also nice to be home. Does that make sense?
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Beach
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 12:01 AM
Labels: church, family time, good times
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment