In church on Sunday the Bishop taught the 3rd hour class. It was on doing your family history. The main points of the lesson were that if you do this great work, your children and family will be protected from the Adversary. What a great promise! He showed some videos and stuff. It really doesn't look to hard. I am excited to get started. I have been nervous and afraid to do it for a few reasons- 1st I have no idea how to do it. Where do you start? Also, I have heard that once you get started, its very addicting. I think it would be a good addiction to have but still. Lame, I know!
He did give us incentive however- he said that we had 1 month to fill out the booklet that was passed out to us with our 4 generations in it. And that next year the Bishopric would be "inviting" people to speak from the pulpit to share their experiences about their discoveries of their families. I am pretty sure you don't want to look stupid up there so we better get it done!
Monday, November 18, 2013
Family History
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment