Today was going home from Utah day. I hate leaving. As much as I miss my house and doing normal daily things, I REALLY hate leaving my family. I miss my sisters so much. They are such good, amazing women. I miss my brothers too but my sisters especially. And this time up there I got to spend a lot of time with my Dad out in his shop. Just me and him! It was really great. I don't usually get to do that. I miss him too. I miss that everyone lives pretty close together so you could just pop over and do stuff. We didn't really do anything exciting. Just hung out mostly. (I did get to see my sister Gaylynns butt though! That was pretty exciting! But its another story!) I miss them already and its only been a few hours. Going there makes me miss my Mom like crazy too! I rode my bike over to the cemetery one day and just sat at her headstone crying and missing her. I don't really go to the cemetery much if I can help it. I know she's not there. She's off having great adventures I am sure. But it was nice to be there by myself for just a minute.
Anyway- back to the going home trip........ Lorin drove my suburban home with Madeline and Hadley. He needed it to pull the trailer with our projects on it. Which left the Jeep for me to drive. Lets just say that the Jeep REALLY makes me appreciate my Suburban!!! The Jeep has no air conditioning which means rolled down windows the entire way! It is super loud so you have to practically yell to hear each other and Jamen has these giant speakers in the back with the spare tire which leaves no room to load stuff. Plus it is all dirty and yucky inside. I LOVE MY SUBURBAN!!! I couldn't decide what to do- leave early and try and miss most of the heat or go later in the day and drive through the night? I opted to leave in the morning. So we loaded up all of our crap the night before. We were doing really good on space until Slate brought out the 10 long boards he had made while we were there! Poor Tevy! He had skateboards falling on his head the entire way home! (I also wanted to leave in the morning so we would be able to hit some DI's on the way, we didn't end up stopping at any because there really wasn't any room for even a sheet of paper in that vehicle! So we got on the road about 9:00 Utah time. We went to see Rose in Orem so that Dakota and Slate could try on the clothes she had gotten for the wedding (They totally fit too!) Then I couldn't find a gas station so I kept getting on and off the freeway. Finally after the 2nd time- score! We got gas! I mean for the car! Slate already had gas! And finally we were on out way about 10:30ish. It started to get overcast and it looked like it was raining and having a great lightning storm off in the distance. I was saying a thank you prayer for it being overcast, it was so great! Then all of a sudden about at Beaver, it started pouring like crazy! It was scary! Slate was making fun of me because he said my nose was pressed against the front window so I could see. I was gripping the steering wheel pretty tight too! It was scary because you really couldn't see anything in front of you. I finally put my flashers on so the diesel in back of me wouldn't run me over. You couldn't see because of the rain and also it got really foggy. Lets just say, I was saying a prayer for extra help all during this time! At first we had the windows down enjoying the coolness but then it started getting everything on the inside wet also. Oh ya, that reminds me- on the passenger side in the front it was leaking somewhere and Dakota's stuff got all wet. Terrific! It lasted about 20-25 minutes but it seemed much longer than that! But like I said, it was really nice that it was overcast! It stayed that way til just past Cedar City. Then it started warming up. We stopped there for gas. Then on to fry out your brains and feel sick because it was so hot St. George. We did stop at Cafe Rio for lunch and I must say- their tostada salads are so yummy! They even work with the Game On Diet! Yay! Then off again! It was so hot that Dakota and Slate were having a water fight in the car and it would dry so fast. Slate was sitting in the front seat and he would throw the water out the window and it would come back in the back window and get Dakota all wet. Awesome! It was pretty fun listening to them laugh though! After that though it was just pure hotness! I have a pretty nice sunburn on one arm from hanging it out the window. I was really thankful there were no police officers patrolling that particular stretch of I15 because I wasn't slowing down for anything! All I could think of was a fresh, cold shower and a cool drink when I got home! We decided as we were coming into town to stop and see Darci and Devins new house (We really wanted cold water and A/C!) Their house is awesome! Then we went to see Brighton and Justons new house! (Same reason!) Actually, we really did want to see their houses, we were just having that survival instinct kick in! WATER! WE NEED WATER!!!! Then we came home, unloaded and laid right below an A/C vent! Heaven? I think YES!!! Glad to be home!
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Driving home
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 7:36 PM
Labels: Brighton, Darci, Family, family time, good times, kids, Projects, Sisters, Slate, summer, Summer fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment