Spring Cleaning!
So I have been wanting to Spring Clean my house for sometime now. OK- for years! I finally made the decision to do it this summer. Yes, I know- making my kids help me with it is a genius idea! After all, they are 95% of the reason it needs to be Spring Cleaned anyway! And when I say I want it cleaned--- I am talking the really nasty, deep cleaning. We are taking everything off of the walls and scrubbing them. We are doing baseboards, windows, de-cluttering. EVERYTHING! And can I just say- I hate cleaning. Really. Hate. It! It is so not fun. Finding clumps of dried who knows what stuck to the wall, lifting couch cushions (That have been in my sons bedroom) and finding dog barf. Finding dust bunnies so big they could eat you. Seriously not fun! And trying to stay calm when your children are being dork faces, nearly impossible! My goal started out that we would do 2-3 rooms everyday for a week and be done. It is not really going according to plan. The first day we were going to do the pantry/ desk in the kitchen, the livingroom and 1 other room. We started about 10:30 am. Finished at 11:30 pm and only got the desk and pantry done. But ohhhhhh they are beautiful! I like going in the pantry and just standing there, looking at all of the beautiful tidiness! It just feels really good. And who knew that dried out homemade pickles look like bottled feces? Really great I know! Yes, my kids did fight over who had to throw that crap away!
This is my list-
Laundry room
Master bedroom
Familyroom
Kitchen
Tevin/ Slates bedroom
Dakota's bedroom
Desk/ Pantry
Garage (It will have to be done after Brighton and Juston move out)
Guest bathroom
Hallway/ game closet/ coat closet/ entryway
Kids bathroom
Master bathroom and closet
Livingroom
So far we have done-
Desk/ pantry
Game closet
Guest bathroom
Livingroom
It was torture getting them done but man I am loving the beauty of these rooms! I just hope that the kids will remember how not fun it is to clean up these messes and maybe it will motivate them to keep it cleaner. I can dream right!
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Spring Cleaning
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 8:38 PM
Labels: Family, family time, goals, summer, Summer fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment