I set a Personal Progress goal on March 5, 2012 to lose 40 lbs by Girls Camp on August 13-18, 2012. GUESS WHAT!!! This morning I weighed myself and I am 1/2 way there! I have to say it really feels good to be 20 lbs lighter. I cant believe it is even possible! Just a few months ago I was really considering doing some sort of stomach surgery. I know a few women who have had that type of thing done and it just seems like it is the "magic pill". That is works like a charm. And life is great for them. New clothes, new zest for life- just everything seems grand for them. But then I have a really cute friend Cara who I talked to about it- I actually wanted to see if she would do it with me. Her response has really stayed with me. She said- Ya- that's not for me. I would like to do it but then I think about the next life and I really think that if I cant show Heavenly Father that he can trust me with this body, that he wont really trust me with creating worlds. I feel like I need to show him that I can control my passions so he will know he can trust me with bigger responsibilities. She just made me think of it in a different way. I really, really don't have much self control when it comes to food. I see it, I eat it. But since she said that to me I have been trying a lot harder to be better. I really do want Heavenly Father to trust me with bigger and better things. It hasn't been easy by any stretch of the imagination. Playing Game On has been a big part of it. If I am accountable to my teammates- I am sure in the heck going to try my hardest to do my best. But it truly does feel good to be able to breathe better- not feel like I am going to pass out if I go up stairs or chase after Madeline. I like that I can fit into a smaller size of pants. I LIKE IT!!! So- pat on my back! I am going to keep going and SMASH that goal!
Saturday, May 26, 2012
1/2 WAY THERE!!!
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 11:00 PM
Labels: church, exercise, Food, Girls camp, goals, weight loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment