Sunday, May 6, 2012
Dakota Prom
Last night Dakota was able to go to Prom. She looked drop dead gorgeous! Her dress was perfect! It fit her perfectly. She decided to accessorize with pearls. Pearls are my favorite! They are just so classic! She wore her hair down long. Her friend Breanna did her hair and make up for her. They started about 10:00 am. Her eyes were stunning. She has to die for eyelashes! Long and thick!
Her date was Blake Truman. He looked very dashing. He was nominated to be Prom Prince. (He did win by the way) Dakota was so nervous. This was her first real date. (She did go to the Mormon Formal on a blind date but it didn't really go so very well. I guess when your date starts off by telling you if he is a little distant on the date it is because he is going to be a dad in 9 months, that it kinda kills any hoped for excitement! But that's another story!) Blake was a gentleman, he held her door for her to get into the car. He even held her shoes for her when her feet started to hurt. He walked her up to the door and everything. They went in a group of 7 other couples. Dakota was the youngest. She was the only sophomore. They started off doing pictures at this really amazing house. Yes, I did sort of covet it for a moment, until I decided I would rather have my house payment than that house payment. Then they went to dinner at PF Changs. Can I just say I love that place! Crispy honey shrimp! Lettuce wraps! Mongolian beef! MMM!!! Then they went to the dance. They weren't able to stay for very long, just long enough for Blake to be crowned. So they didn't get to really dance but then it was off to the next adventure of Blue Man Group down on the Strip. She said they sat in the 3rd row and that it was really fun. She said they had to wear poncho's so they wouldn't get stuff all over them. She also told me about a really dorky drunk guy that was sitting close to them. He sounded like he was quite the entertainment. She also told me about this girl that was there that was wearing practically nothing and I was really impressed with the YM in that group. She said they were really embarrassed and were doing everything they could to not look at her. They finally speed walked to get past her. Good job guys! Impressive! Dakota is a wonderful amazing daughter! I am so proud of her! I am really glad she had a great time! Love ya Missy!
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 1:00 PM
Labels: Daughters, good times, kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment