Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jackson

Jaxy Waxy! That is this cutest babies name!!! I remember his birth. It was pretty exciting! It was 3 am. Brighton's water broke and she left a river of fluids all over the floor. But she wasn't certain that's what it was because she wasn't really having any contractions. She came and got me- yes I was on the couch because I was still canning something or other. And she was a bit (A LOT) nervous and freaked out. She was bummed because she wanted to take a shower and was worried because she didn't have her hospital bag packed. I told her GO TAKE A SHOWER. You have time. And all you need to take to the hospital is your camera. So she and Juston both did. Then off they went to the hospital. I was so excited! I called Lorin to tell him. He was at the fire station. He was bummed he wasn't here to share in the excitement. Well, a couple of hours later, back they came. The silly nurse at the hospital said she had just pee'd her pants. WHERE WAS THAT NURSE WHEN THE BIG FLOOD NEEDED TO BE CLEANED UP??? That was definitely not pee. If it was, Brighton has some serious bladder control issues! Anyway- Brighton started having hard contractions. She was super uncomfortable. I told her she should go for a walk, if they were real, they wouldn't go away. If they were Braxton Hicks, they would go away. They didn't go away. And back they went to the hospital. By the time they got back, she was dilated to an 8!!! Dumb 1st nurse! Sending her home! He was born just 4 short hours later. He was beautiful! Although he was an almost perfect clone of his dad! Holy cow! He looked just like him!

Jaxy is now 7 months old! Can you believe it! He laughs and smiles all of the time. Juston can really get him to giggle. He has THE hugest tongue I've ever seen! And he sticks it out all of the time. He will definitely follow in Lorins footsteps and be able to touch his nose with his tongue. He will probably be able to lick his forehead! He is also learning to sit up and wiggle around. He is really a lot of fun. I am really glad he has had his first few months here in our house.

 Love you Jaxy Waxy!!

0 comments: