My friend Jennie was going to sign her son up for baseball this year. I kind of jumped in and invited myself to sign Tevin up. We were hoping that they would get onto the same team. No such luck. I guess at this age you have to try out. It would've been so nice to be able to carpool to practices or games. Bummer! Tevin was really worried about it after he found out that he wasn't going to be on his friends team. He fought me every step of the way- I HATE baseball! I don't feel good, can I stay home........ He really has a hard time with change or trying new things. Its a good thing it cost a buttload of money to sign him up- otherwise I might have caved and let him quit. OK, I wouldn't really have let him quit, but it sure would have been a lot easier than listening to all the whining! But the crazy thing is, that he is really good at baseball! He has done really well this season! Especially considering that he has NEVER played in his entire life and that he has pretty pathetic parental support too (I really don't know how to play so I am not much help). He made an amazing pop-fly catch out in right field that was the 3rd out for the other team and helped his team go on and win the game! His whole team ran out and high 5'd him after that one!!! His coach told Lorin and I that Tevin has the most amazing hand eye coordination he has ever seen in a kid his age. He said if he continues with it he will be a really great baseball player. I hope he does continue, at least for a few seasons. Anyway- it is his last game this weekend. I am sad to see it end. He has made some new friends, learned he can do things he's never tried before and also that he is really good at this. It has been a good journey. Good luck Tevy! Good luck!
Friday, May 18, 2012
Tevins last baseball game
This is him and his friend at tryouts! Crazy boys!
These are of him at tryouts. He was so nervous but he did so awesome! He was actually one of the only ones that hit the ball when they were batting. And he has an awesome throwing arm!
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 8:32 AM
Labels: Family, goals, good times, Tevin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment