Did you guys know summer is almost upon us? Only about 4 more weeks of school! At first I can hardly wait! No more schedules! No more nagging kids to do homework. No more kids fibbing--- I don't have any homework for the 3rd week in a row. No more bedtimes. No more waking grumpy kids up!!!!! And then reality sinks in---- I AM GOING TO HAVE TO ENTERTAIN FOR 3 MONTHS!!!! What am I going to do for 3 months? I always think we will take these awesome field trips or do these great adventures and really, we don't usually do anything except sit around and the summer just seems to fly by!
So-- here are 10 things I would like to do this summer. Maybe if I write them down they might actually happen.
1- Go to the beach 2 times. The first time for our annual week. The 2nd maybe just for 3-4 days.
2-Go to SL for 2 weeks. I want to make a bunch of projects for our yard (Grape arbor, Gate panel things for the leach field and maybe some BBQ door panels)
3-Dutch oven at Mt. Charleston
4-Spring clean my house (Yes, I know this isn't a fun activity and the kids will hate it but I need to get it done. And my slaves kids can help.)
5-My Dad's 70th birthday party.
6-Dakota and I fly somewhere and stay overnight.
7-Get a hotel, stay overnight and play tourist.
8-Family Reunion.
9-Take Slate on a 50 mile bike ride for scouts.
10-Homemade rootbeer and icecream!!!! MMMM!
11-Free movies at the theater (if they are still doing them)
12-FHE at the temple.
OK- now they are in black and white! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME FUN THIS SUMMER!!!!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Summer
Posted by The Noorda Monkeys at 7:46 AM
Labels: Family, family time, good times, kids, summer, Summer fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment