Today I decided to write about some of my favorite things. These are in no chronological order. Just things that are good in my life.
1- Lorin. I sure got lucky when I married that man! He is a good man. He is adventurous, smart, fun, a worthy priesthood holder, responsible and obviously handsome!!
2- My kids. They are really good kids. All of them. That's not to say they haven't made me crazy a few times. But they are good, good kids. And the 2 that have married into our family are just as wonderful as the rest of them.
3- MY GRANDKIDS!!!! They just make me happy! They are so full of unconditional love. They hug and kiss me just because!! They are my sweethearts!
4- Chinese food! One day when I have so much money that I don't know what to do with it all, I am going to have A China Go Go built in my house. I will go there everyday and have orange chicken, walnut shrimp, string bean chicken and noodles!!! MMMM! (there is also an Italian place in Carlsbad that will be built next to A China Go Go in my house).
5-The beach. That house I mentioned before..... will be located on the beach! I will leave my windows open all night so I can hear the waves crashing. And all my previously mentioned favorites will be there with me!!!
6- Reading. I so love to read! Books just take you to far away places. They introduce you to characters that are fun to get to know. They make you feel good.
7- The DI. I love the DI. It is always an adventure going there. You never know what you might find. Treasures abound in that place. Sometimes you just have to have an eye for the inner beauty of things! One time I was there with my friend Cara, she pointed to a box that was on the floor. It was a camping toilet. I was so excited! I had been wanting to get one for our emergency preparedness stuff! And don't worry, it was brand new in the box. Never been used! (I did make her check that out for me though!) See, treasures abound!
8- Crafting. I love, love , love to create things with my own hands. I love to look at stuff and figure out how to make it myself. And not to boast or anything but I think I am pretty good at that. Reading directions? Not so good at that. But copying---- really good at that. Just don't ask me to sew you a dress. You will end up with something horrible! Seriously, HORRIBLE!!!
9- Gardening. I love being out in the yard. I love digging in the earth. I love planting flowers. I love seeing all the hard work that has gone into our yard. I love looking out of our windows and seeing green, it makes me feel as if our house is part of nature. I love seeing humming birds flitting to and fro out there. It just makes me feel good.
10- A clean house. I love going into a neat, clean and organized room. It is just peaceful. I am not the best housekeeper. And with all of the living that goes on in my house, it is sometimes hard to keep up with it all. But it is nice to have a clean house. Even if it only for 5 minutes at a time.
11- Finding a great bargain. Doesn't everybody love finding a great deal!!!! My mom was the best at finding great deals! I don't know how she did it but she was awesome! My sister Gaylynn has her super power skills at that too! So does my friend Cara. They are all pretty spectacular when it comes to that kind of stuff!
12- The Gospel. I LOVE the Gospel! I am so thankful for it. Always! I am so thankful for a Savior who loves me enough that he came here and died for me. Me. Someone not extraordinary. Someone who makes many mistakes. Me. I am thankful for the Atonement. That it is there for me to fix the mistakes I make. I know that if I didn't have the Gospel in my life, that my life would be very different than it is. And I don't mean different in a better way. It would be much harder. Less comforting in the hard times.







0 comments:
Post a Comment