I am not really sure where my oldest daughter Darci came from! She is seriously one of the most amazing women I know. She has taught me many great lessons over the years. Here is an example --- She and Devin were foster parenting and they had a little boy. He came from very harsh circumstances. They didn't end up having him for very long. Before they got him, Darci had been stocking up on baby boy stuff. T-shirts, toys, clothes, blankets. You know all that basic stuff you need for a baby. So she was really prepared when he came. When it was time for him to go to wherever he needed to next, Darci packed up all of the stuff she had acquired and sent it all with him. I asked her why she did that when she could've used it for the next baby. After all she had spent a lot of money on it. She just looked at me and said "Mom, I know where he is going back too. He has nothing. I know what his life is going to be like. If I can make it even a little better for a short time. I'm going too." What a great unselfish lesson she taught me that day. She truly has a big heart.
They have decided to start fostering again. (I secretly always wished they would again) Yesterday they were called about 6 month old twin girls. They turned them down thinking it would be just too much for them. Let see- Madeline- 4 yrs old, Hadley- 3 yrs. old, Bridger- 1 yr old. I am pretty sure it would be too much for most people. 5 kids under the age of 5!!!! Holy crap! But then they reconsidered. And if they can get approved for that many small children, they are going to take them. (I knew they would change their minds when she told me they had said no). I can't imagine doing that! My kids were all spaced at least 2 years apart. (I also always wanted twin girls! Just think how fun it would be to dress them!) Someone upstairs knew that if I had them any closer, or more than 1 at a time, I would have ended up in the looney bin! I still might end up there but not because my kids are too close together! She is pretty amazing to give this a shot! I truly admire her, not just because she is doing this but for lots of things. She has many wonderful talents. She is awesome at crafting. She has a great eye for color and texture and she's not afraid to be bold. I sometimes look at things and go- what the heck are you thinking? And yet, her projects always turn out to be spectacular! She makes time for her kids. She plays with them, makes cookies with them- she just spends time with them. As Hadley says- mom you're my bestest friend. She is a go getter, if there is something she wants, she figures out how to get it or if it is something that needs to be done- she figures out how to get it done. She does her church calling 100%. She goes above and beyond. She has a testimony. She is teaching her kids to pray and learn of Jesus Christ. She looks for the good in other people. She is just an all around amazing daughter! I am so proud of her. I am so thankful Heavenly Father sent her to our family.
PS- This is an update- I wrote this post this morning, since then Darci & Devin received a phone call saying that they would not be able to have the twins after all. That it was too many young kids. Bummer- yes. Sanity still intact for the moment- yes.


0 comments:
Post a Comment