I have had this growth on my left eyeball for about 2 1/2 years. My eye Dr. at first told me it was no big deal and that if I did have it removed it would probably just grow back anyway. The medical term for it is Pterygium. The non- medical term for it is sun damage. (My Dr. also told me it is fatty tissue. So now I can officially say- not only is my body fat, so are my eyes! How many of you can say that? It doesn't bother me, this lovely piece of fatty tissue hanging out of my eye. Or affect my vision or anything like that. It just looks like a hideous nasty growth in my eye. Well, this last time I went to the eye Dr. he told me that I REALLY should go have it removed and that one was beginning to form in the right eye. He said that when it is removed, it will leave a big white scar in my eye. Now I have a few scars here and there on my body, most of them no big deal. But when he told me that- I visualized something along the lines of my eyeball cut in half with big jagged saw marks going through it. Not a pretty picture I tell you! Not a pretty picture! So I went to see (pun intended!!! See, get it! Eye Dr!!!) I am seriously so funny sometimes! a specialist. He acted like it was no big deal and he removes these monsters every 5 minutes from peoples eyes. He did say that if I didn't have it removed, when it got to my pupil, it would cause permanent damage. Ya, that's just a little nerve wracking! It is only my sight after all! He recommended surgery. So it looks like I will be getting this fatty tissue cut out of my eyeball. At least I will lose weight right? Do you think he could cut other fatty tissue off of the rest of my body? Just a thought..... Anyway- you probably shouldn't look up eye surgery on the internet! Those pictures will totally creep you out! They hold your eye open with these clamp things and you are awake during it! C.R.E.E.P.Y!!!!! I guess now, we wait for the insurance to OK this adventure and then ---- Out comes the eyeball!Ok maybe not the entire eyeball- just the fat part!
PS- for those of you who don't think it is necessary to wear sunglasses- Just check out Pterygium images on the web and you will be converted!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Pterygium
No these are not my eyes but they are creepy are they not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment