Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life--whizzing by!

Do you ever feel as if life just goes by way to fast? I do! It seems that as I've gotten older (I am not ageing mind you!) it just seems to go faster and faster. I don't know where the time goes! I remember when I was a kid- waiting for Christmas. It seemed like it NEVER came! My birthday was the same. Summer couldn't come fast enough! The school year seemed to draaaaaag on FOREVER!!! Then when Lorin and I were first married with only Darci- I remember when she was born thinking- Eight years til she is old enough to be baptized.... That is so long and far away! Now I am thinking- HOLY CRAP! Darci has Madeline who will be getting baptized in 4 years! 4 YEARS!!! That is like a blink of an eye! How does this happen? Why do I run out of time to do fun stuff with my kids during the summer? Wasn't Christmas just yesterday? Weren't my kids just born the other day? How can my cute baby boy be turning 11 this year? HOW??? I hear that as you get even older than I am- time seems to just whizz by!

Time is an interesting thing to think about for me also- When my Mom died- Time for me seemed to stand still. I couldn't comprehend that life was still moving forward for everyone else. How could it when this horrible tragedy has just happened. And yet, time rolls on. Always moving forward.

I guess that's why it is important to sometimes just stop and take a snapshot of your life- watch the kids play in the sprinklers, enjoy those flowers growing in the garden. That bike ride you've been meaning to go on- Do it!

Time is precious. Oh so precious. I need to be better at making better use of my time. Filling it with moments that will mean something in the eternities.

0 comments: