Hi my name is Jackie and I'm an addict. A food addict! I LOVE FOOD! I love almost any food. Except liver! My mom would bring bags of it home when I was growing up. She would come in the door and say "Look what I found on sale!" BARF!!! I became very adept at hiding it. I would make sure we had grape juice for the drink on the nights we had that disgusting blood clot crap for dinner. Did you know you can hide almost anything in a cup of grape juice? Put it in your mouth, pretend to take a sip of juice, spit it into the juice! Awesome!!! I found out years later that my brother would just stick his in the side of this old cabinet we had by the table. The things kids will do to not have to eat horrific foods! But, I digress---- I really like almost any food. I especially love Chinese food. MMMM! If asked where I wanted to go for dinner- I would ALWAYS pick Chinese! Love it! I have also decided I am an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy. When sad, angry, frustrated, excited. You name the emotion, I will eat! Sometimes I eat just to be eating. Even when the food isn't really that good, I will still eat it. Why? I don't know. Why was I blessed with this particular talent? I think it is because Heavenly Father is a really funny guy and thought this would be a funny prank. (JUST KIDDING!!!) I think it is so that one day maybe, I will learn some self control. Someday. I wish that day would come sooner rather than later. I am learning though. I know that if I just don't stick that first piece of something sweet in my mouth, I will be fine. If however, I do take that first bite--- ITS ALL OVER! I will be shoving things in my face as fast as I can for the rest of the day. Most days I do have some self control. Others I just go to town. Now if I could just figure out how people can take 1-2 bites of something and be satisfied I would be in heaven. Baby steps right? Baby steps.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment