Monday, May 14, 2012

Finished Glider

Da Da!!!! It is finally done! IT LOOKS SO STINKIN' GOOD!!!! If I do say so myself! I decided I need more color in my life so I have started to paint stuff in my yard lots of different colors. So this wonderful glider would be perfect purple and green. I LOVE IT!!! I do have to say that I was having a few doubts about it. It was sooo rusty! And when I went to buy new bolts for it. It is so old that NO ONE makes them anymore. Trust me. I know! I went to 4 different stores looking. I finally just got bigger ones and Slate redrilled the holes. He had to drill them all of the way through with 1/4" drill bit and then he had to drill them half way through with a little bigger drill bit so that the stop at the top of the bolt would fit flush with the slats. And actually I must admit, Slate finished it for me. He put it all back together. That kid is pretty handy to have around! He can fix almost anything. Well actually, we haven't found anything yet that he couldn't take apart, fix and put back together again. I am glad he still has a few more years at home.... just think of all the projects I can have him do for me!
Total cost-
$25.00 for glider
$10.00 for bolts
$24.00 for spray paint
$10.00 for new wood for slats
$5.00 to pay Slate to put it together again
--------
$74.00- I don't think I could've bought a new one for that- OK maybe I could've but it wouldn't have been such cool colors and the proud of myself factor would be ZERO whereas now it is a million plus one!

0 comments: